Netfront is very concerned with data security and privacy for our customers. It is our policy to maintain the highest level of data security and backup for all of our customers, including home directory data, e-mail, web sites and databases.
In particular, all customer data is backup on a daily basis. If you accidentally lost data, please call our customer service hotline at 25171209 immediately. We will be able to recover the files from the backup in most circumstances if you call within 3 hours after losing the data. Data Security, Backup, Server Availability
We maintain dedicated "data" servers for data storage for customers. These data servers provide storage for all of our customer's configuration, access record, home directory data, e-mail data, web site files. Other network services such as e-mail servers, web servers, telnet server and news server are detached from these data servers as standalone machines.
- To minimise data risk, no other unnecessary services or software is run on these data servers
- All data are 100% backed-up to another backup server on a daily basis.
- All data are 100% backed-up to magnetic tape twice a week.
- Uninterrupted Power Supply is connected to these data servers to ensure 100% availability.
- We maintain a "network patrol" to test every minute that each machine in our network is running. If any machine is out of service, the network patrol will automatically restart the machine and immediately page one of our technical officers.
We learned the lesson in a hard way. We had the painful experience of one of the critical data server completely destroyed due to physical accident in May-1999. Although most data was recovered from our backup facility within 24 hours, we found it not satisfactory performance and received tons of complaints from our customers. Therefore we installed "duplicate" servers to perform backup on a daily basis, such that we can switch the duplicate servers to replace the critical servers if any of the critical servers is down. Data Line and Bandwidth Availability
We understand that no matter how low priced is the service, when the service cannot be accessed it is doomed to be useless. For example, when your modem cannot connect due to busy signals, or when you can connect at 40Kbps but have only 10K download speed or even lower. To provide the best level of service, Netfront maintains, Within every hour, average utilisation of our modem lines to be less than 90%. If that figure is exceeded, we will immediately add lines.